 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 258
Re: Another space render...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:35:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> writes:
Bram Lambrecht <braml@juno.com> wrote
2) I created an include file which hacks all the available LGEO
parts into an L3P file.  If there's any interest, I'll post a copy
somewhere. I tried to get the pattern on slopes to show up, too,
but POV didn't seem to want to add the color of the part later, it
just left the slopes black.  So, the slopes are smooth, as in L3P...

There's interest here.  Can you explain more about what you did and
how to use it in an L3P'd file?

Here's what I did:
in MS-DOS, in the LGEO directory, I typed
dir *.inc > lgeo.txt
I opened the text file in Excel to grab the column of available part
files.  I reopened the text file and separated "lg_", the part #, and
".inc" into three different columns so that I could grab all the
corresponding part numbers.
I then added columns into the spreadsheet to define the L3P part names to
the corresponding LGEO part names.  When I noticed that slopes weren't
rendering, I manually moved all the sloped parts to the end of the list
and added the sloped portion into a union of the part and the slope.

All you have to do is include the line:
#if (QUAL > 1) #include "lgeo_2_l3p.inc" #end
(well, the #if isn't really necessary, but that way you can still have
the bounding-box only parts)  after any set of part declarations.
Consider this L3P file:

#declare part1
#declare part2
#declare part3
#declare part4
#declare part5
#declare submodel
#declare part6
#declare part7
#declare part8
#declare model

I think for the include to work correctly, you need to include the file
after #declare part5 and after #declare part8
--Bram