 Space / 19047
    Portable Patented Plastic Building Block Bot Building game P3B4 —James Casey
   I have written a draft set of rules for a lego game. This was born on the thread about Jon Palmer's portable tackle box bot building set, but I thought it deserved its own thread. I think this should be the deep link for it: (URL) here after (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming)

        Re: Portable Patented Plastic Building Block Bot Building game P3B4 —Patricia Van Dyke
   This is neat! The rules you started a great. If I were to play this game I would include hidden placement of sensors and mines. I would also as a beginner player set up sets of player parts that are the same but in different color configurations. In (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming)

        Re: Portable Patented Plastic Building Block Bot Building game P3B4 —James Casey
   (...) Thanks! (...) Nice idea. How would you see them working? (...) I like this - sort of like the factory "evolving" as it wins battles. This would be even more important if the colour based bonuses were introduced (red fire melts white ice etc.) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming)

        Re: p3b4 optional rules mines/sensors longish —Patricia Van Dyke
    (...) This all could be added to an optional rules section of the rule book. I am looking at this game from a miniatures wargaming perspective as opposed to a card game. Some wargame minis are played on hex maps which I would probably use if I (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming)

        Re: p3b4 optional rules mines/sensors longish —James Casey
   Thanks for the ideas. I sense two versions of the game coming on: The idea was spawned from a thread about using a small tackle box to carry around pieces for making little bots. This spawned discussion about creating a game to be played with such a (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming)

        Re: p3b4 optional rules mines/sensors longish —Steve Burge
   (...) I must admit, I always envisioned this as a miniature-style wargame more than an abstract card-type game. Hence my ideas for being able to capture other bases - allowing you access to more parts and allowing you to build units faster (if you (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming)

        Re: p3b4 optional rules —Patricia Van Dyke
     The rules as written definetly make a portable game. Many rule books just include sections with the optional rules. This keeps the game easy to play as beginners but also gives the advanced gamers something to sink their teeth into once the basic (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming)

        Re: p3b4 optional rules mines/sensors longish —James Casey
   (...) I wanted to make something other than a miniatures style game as we already have Brikwars, Lego Wars, Minifig death, Mechatron etc. etc. (...) I think you could do this even in an abstract game. You just need to find an abstract way of (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming)