 Space / 19061
Re: p3b4 optional rules mines/sensors longish
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:50:44 GMT

Thanks for the ideas. I sense two versions of the game coming on:

The idea was spawned from a thread about using a small tackle box to carry
around pieces for making little bots. This spawned discussion about creating
a game to be played with such a kit - the idea being a "portable" game.
Using 48x48 plates as the gameboard kind of nullifies the portability!

However, I can see the vision you had for the game, and I don't see why many
of the same rules cannot be used for a board type game such as you have
envisioned. I shall call this P2B4 - P3B4 but without the "Portable"!

More ideas for this slant on the game:
- You could have resource zones (mines, farms etc.) which a robot with the
right attachment could harvest, giving more parts to build with.
- With terrain, things like wings/jetpacks would become more meaningful
- Motive devices would obviously affect the speed the bot moved on the board
rather than the abstract rules used for sorties
- The difference between close combat and ranged weapons would be far more
apparent. I figure cc weapons would need to be more powerful to counteract
they lack of range. Although if there was a points system they could be
balanced that way.
- Alternatively the scale of the map could be considered much smaller so
each stud represented a large area. Then combat would only occur when bots met.