 Space / 19060
Re: p3b4 optional rules mines/sensors longish
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:02:29 GMT

Nice idea. How would you see them working?

This all could be added to an optional rules section of the rule book.

I am looking at this game from a miniatures wargaming perspective as opposed
to a card game.  Some wargame minis are played on hex maps which I would
probably use if I played this game.  The other option is to play on four 48
x 48 plates for two to four players.  One corner of this 4x4 grid would by
called out as A,1.  The sensors/mines can be part of the factory or a
seperate pile.  Hidden placement is written down before game play using the
hex map grid call outs or the stud grid call out convention (like B5 You
sunk my battleship).

Sensors and Mines:
Sensor-  The defenders sensors would have a certain range (in studs or
hexes) in which they would become effective.  For now let's assume that all
robots inherently have sensor detection.  When the sensor sees a robot the
defender places his sensor on the playing grid.  He then can send his
intercepts. (for example sensors add one to the defending players intercept
roll) but now the sensor location is revealed to the attacking player so in
the future he can try to avoid that area.
Mines-  The attacking player robot passes over a mine by stepping or rolling
over the hex/stud (flying robots do not set off mines). The defender reveals
his mine and rolls damage as you have already discussed. The mine is
destroyed.  Mines do not effect friendly robots.

And this makes me think of something else "Technology stealing" optional rule.
Basically the players can get parts sooner than they normally would from
their factory.  Instead of parts going to a graveyard, the parts that get
blown off of damaged robots sit on the field of battle.  The
defender/attacker "pickup" parts from the field of battle.  If they "Pickup"
a part belonging to the other player they have stolen the technology.  Any
parts left at the location go to the graveyard.  This rule takes into
account that no actual pieces get traded between players.
"Pickup" from field of battle: the robot must have a way to carry pieces
such as empty hands, empty clips, (this is where a scoop of some sort would
be handy) etc. but not studs or holes.
"Stolen Technology Pickup": player can pickup another players peice if it
exists in any location of his factory.  That piece is immediately taken out
of the factory and placed in his construction yard.

Sorry so long..
pvd