 Space / 18751
  New MOC: Einhander

Hi all, I wanted feedback (both constructive and complementary please :) on my latest MOC. I created Einhander (fighter from a PSX game with the same name). This is my first space project, so please be gentle :) I haven't made any gunpods for it (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.space) !

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

(...) I made one of those once. Mine isn't as accurate as yours... more "influenced" by the game and my lack of blue plates. (URL) found that using the magnets was a good way to allow your Einhander to pick up weapons pods. I look forward to seeing (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

(...) And now that I have read through more of your description I see that you know all about mine. Duh. ~GAMH (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

Welcome Anne! Hmm...very interesting. You don't often see ships that are built using the sculpting style. I think it works well with this design as it allows for the difficult curves of the baffles. Looking forward to more! Cheers, -Gil (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

Hi Mark, Thanks :) Love your work, especially the Viper :) I have your Einhander linked from mine. For the gunpods, I didn't think about using magnets. I have a technic brick 1 x 2 for the pin to go in. Not sure if it's going to work or not. I tried (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

Hi Gil, I think the sculpting style came from the stuff I've been building lately, and I just never left the mindset :) I really thought this was going to be more difficult than it was. I think simplifying the structure a bit (with the sculpting (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

Sweet, I like all the fins and wings. Very Nice. Nice Site too! Good luck! Legomaster www.mylegomaster.com (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

Very cool! I like the styling on it. Much better then my first attempt at space. Welcome to .space! -JHK (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

Anne, Welcome! It's always good to see new faces(names?) in .space. The Einhander is pretty cool - I like the building style you used; as Gil said, the sculpture approach is pretty nifty. Can't wait to see what you come up with for gunpods. -Chris (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

Hey looks good! Oh yea, welcome to space too. I have a suggestion, depending on how large the gun pods are, you might wanna find a way to strengthen that "hand" thingy. Click hinges would work, but you're not gonna get those in blue (yet?). Good (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

"The Crypto Tiger" <stripes@tigerlair.com> wrote in message news:H562Hw.H5t@lugnet.com... (...) latest (...) Very cool MOC! This is vastly different from Mark's interpretation and it's equally cool. As others have said I love the sculptural look. (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

(...) Dang! That's tight! Yeah, I remember playing Einhander in my earlier days, and this is a definite plus, besides, the traditional feel of the model flows smoothly, and attributes to the overall look, capturing the essence of the original (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

First of all, apologies for the late reply.. (...) Heh. My fiance plays the game all the time (still hasn't beaten it yet). I remember the first time I saw it a few years ago thinking, "wow, that would look cool in LEGO :)." (...) Thanks Matt :) (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

(...) Mark has done some really cool space stuff, and he's been an inspiration to me. He's got the cockpits and internals of space ships down pat. I like all of his stuff, but the Viper in particular impresses me. (...) Of course. :) I'm a classic (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

Hi Kyle, Thanks. :) I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the arm--I was going to for asthetics this time, and not really functionality, so I have the ship mounted on a brace (still have to make this look better as well *Sigh*, it's that ugly black (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

(...) And on Earth too ;) (...) That will be much more detailed. I tried to make a cannon (ha!) that didn't come out right. While I'm working on the heat sinking missiles for Ravage (transformer), I found a good way to make the missiles for the Wasp (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

(...) I'm curious to what you're first attempt looks like. My first attempts are in pieces and now integrated with my three brother's LEGO collection (which I would like to get back at some point :), but it's fun to hear what the youngest one builds (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

Do you not have any Star Wars seta? A click hinge is the hinge that comes in allmost all of em. It's like the old plate hinges, but bricksize, and they click so they are alot stronger. They hold the wings in the Up or Down position on the X wing, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

(...) These were also available in the LoM sets and some of the later model Town sets (like the juniorized contruction vehicles). ...Although I know how you feel, Anne, I have very few of these myself. -H. (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

Hi Kyle, Sure do :) If these are the bricks you're talking about ((URL) along with its mate, I agree. It would be wonderful to have this in blue for the arm (I'm using these for Ravage's legs, prototype is here (URL) and they are wonderfully strong. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: Einhander

(...) Yep. (...) Yup, click hinges are great. Nice model too... (...) Yep, that's every builders dream... Every part in every color. --Kyle (URL) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)