 Space / 1859
Re: Another space render...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 01:57:41 GMT

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:50:04 GMT, "Bram Lambrecht" <BramL@JUNO.com>
wrote:

I've built a recreational space craft:
I envision it sort of as a sailplane for outer space...powered by solar wind or
solar power.  Does anyone have a good idea for a name for the model?

Well I personally like the idea of the model being part of a
racing league. If it was then you could maybe name it on these
grounds. You could take in to consideration the manufacturer of the
ship, the racing team name, and even the pilot. This kid of reminds me
of the Wipeout series of games on the playstation.  Wow! It would be
really cool if we all (or a few of us) made our own ship to "compete"
and we could even make up teams and sponsors and whatever.
Of course even if you plan for the ship was not of a
competitive nature you could still be creative.
Another thing to consider is its appearance and attributes and
naming it accordingly. It does kind of have a bird look to it. I
myself am not into bird names for ships though.
One last note as I ramble away.. A few years ago I had the
chance to go sail with a friend on a lake nearby on these 2 little
boats called Sunfish. That was actually the first thing that popped
into my head when I saw the model.
And I'm with Pat, I love the canopy design.

Jon.

For all you artists out there, I'd also like a critique on the composition.
Any suggestions?
--Bram