 Space / 18016
Re: pods are getting lame
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 03:43:40 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.space, Joseph Kazmo writes:
Wow..I believe my Pod in project-g fits your description of a lame pod.

Honestly, I thought it was pretty cool, I just don't think I would've called
it a "pod". I tend to think of pods as cute little suckers, with the
majority of the vehicle being enclosed by 8x8 radar dishes... Though I
suppose the detachable cockpit itself I might construe as a "pod".

When I looked at the folder for the 1st time, I expected to see something
like a pod with cute little mini-legs, or some such, instead of a big(er)
walker... But I still thought it was a neat design :)

DaveE

Thanks a lot Dave, it means a lot when words come from you..just to clear
things up, I intended to design that combo-g that way because I related it
to a current project that I'm working on.. that all the creations for that
particular project are only made from the Star Wars offecial sets..in other
words I stuck only with the pieces that were available at that time..

Here is a quote from my initial post:

"After seeing all the crazy Pod designs around here, I've decided to make my
own, infuzed with my "nothing but Star Wars sets used" project, the result
was my new combo-g..

Combo-g is about a Star Wars Rebel's Spy Pod that can be attached to a
couple of machines which turns it into either a Pod Walker OR a Pod Bomber.

All I can say that I had a lot of fun in making it.

Here is the link:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=25958"

But on refering my project as a "lame pod", I just was being sarcastic ;-)

Joseph