 Space / 17791
  New MOC: ViaTran and SCM

Greetings, To meet the galactic need for efficient transport of goods, Toradoch Industrial presents the next evolution of shipping platforms: The ViaTran G Class Transport: (URL) to accomodate your goods, the Standard Container Module: (URL) few (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: ViaTran and SCM

(...) Neat! I like it. Good use of color. A couple of these zipping around a moonbase layout would be cool. (...) How well do these stack? Any chance we will see a ship carrying multiples of these? I hope those horses aren't on the moon, else they (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: ViaTran and SCM

I like this Gil... it's really cool. The engines sticking out in the middle are great, and I really like the attention to detail on this. The way you did the 'sled' on the back is cool. The Cargo Modules are great, too. I'm going to incorparate a (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: ViaTran and SCM

You've been crankin out the models recently Gil. As for this one, one can never have too many standards for cargo containers. I dig how it looks ugly and square, just like a semi. Now go make a version that can hold a buncha modules at once. Ja know (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: ViaTran and SCM

Thank you sir! Funny you should mention the multiple carrier. I have had this one built for a couple months and have slowly been assembling cargo containers to hook up to a larger, spacebound transport as you've suggested! Since the containers (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: ViaTran and SCM

Glad you like John! It was a fun one to build and challenging to make sure everything fit afterwards. Looking forward to see your cargo mods on the freighter... Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: ViaTran and SCM

Thanks kindly Jason. I wanted to give them a look that would fit into a futuristic cityscape, or in our case, lunar/urban scape. Yep...the containers all have grooves and tiles on the top surface to make them mate with the bottoms of other (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: ViaTran and SCM

(...) Wassssup (...) Great job Gil, yet another great MOC that I feel I must respond to. I love the color combo of orange and gray. Keep up the good work! Hasta La Vista, Sean P.S How long did it take you? And is anyone else finding it hard to keep (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: ViaTran and SCM

(...) At first glance, I thought "Wow - where did he get all those parts in orange??" Then I thought, "Technic wing backs in orange? They must be red." So I punched my monitor, but they still look orange. Be it red or orange, it's a cool MOC. And (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: ViaTran and SCM

Many thanks Sean...it was fun to build a futuristic vehicle while trying to keep it as close to a semi-truck as possible. You know, I really need to work out my lighting issues. As much as I'd LOVE to have that variety of orange elements, it in fact (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: ViaTran and SCM

Hey thanks Jeff...sadly, I still only have a handful of orange elements. Everytime I pass that Island Extreme truck in Wal-Mart, I almost nab it just for the orange slopes...then I see the cheeseball skateboard and 3 wheelers and move on. Perhaps on (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: ViaTran and SCM

(...) You're too kind! Personally, I'm relieved I put pics up before the 10030 announcement, because mine is puny by comparison. It's only 19" long, and the UCS is 37". Will it be half as good? More like ten times better. I WILL be the first kid on (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: ViaTran and SCM

(...) your site, so i came bak to lugnet to find your post and reply i've wanted to do a modular 'truck' kind of thingie for some time and just never got around to it (based on some space art i have) the via tran is really neat and i'm really glad (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New MOC: ViaTran and SCM

Hey Paul, Sorry for the delayed response...vacation and all :) My orginal plan for this was to create the truck, then move on to cargo movers, atmospheric transports and eventually a space transport capable of carrying multiple containers. However, (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)