 Space / 17527
  Where does the Life on Mars theme fit in to the LEGO universe?

This may sound like a weird question but, if Life on Mars is indeed a LEGO Space theme, why is it not any place in LEGO Space? Even a link would be nice, such as one to Star Wars. If Life on Mars does not fit into LEGO space, where does it fit into (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Where does the Life on Mars theme fit in to the LEGO universe?

(...) My guess is it fits somewhere along the linewith UFO, although it did come out aroundthe same time as spaceport, but I've seen few links between those. I'm guessing their were early UFO colonies. Just a theory there. (...) Good question. My (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Where does the Life on Mars theme fit in to the LEGO universe?

(...) LOM is indeed an offshoot of Spaceport. Where did you think the Spaceport shuttles ended up? :) Seriously, though I liked LOM and would love to see it continued, I can understand the ending of individual product lines. My one gripe is the lack (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Where does the Life on Mars theme fit in to the LEGO universe?

In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes: <snip> (...) Only one problem, Jesse....The LEGO Group is a privately held company, which means we can't buy stock in it. I wish we could! Well, okay, it's not the only problem. The other problem is that (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Where does the Life on Mars theme fit in to the LEGO universe?

(...) I think Lego is just as interested in fun (and quality) as before. I think they are trying a few different things in a struggle to survive in a changing world. (...) Unfortunately we can't buy stock in Lego. Its what's known as a "Private" (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Where does the Life on Mars theme fit in to the LEGO universe?

(...) Granted, Town Jr. is not as intricate as normal Town but if you put several hundred bay windows together, it might make a very impressive skyscraper. As for it coming out around the same time as UFO, in real life, Life on Mars came out in 2000 (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Where does the Life on Mars theme fit in to the LEGO universe?

(...) The point that you make about Duplo should have been obvious to me but for some reason, it was not so I am sorry for acting like a meat head about it. I was mainly concerned since I have a little nephew whom I am trying to generate interest (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Where does the Life on Mars theme fit in to the LEGO universe?

(...) Well, Steve, thank you for informing me that LEGO is a privately owned company but that does not mean that LEGO will always stay a privately owned company. The truth is, I think that LEGO will probably be a better company for having publicly (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Where does the Life on Mars theme fit in to the LEGO universe?

(...) <snip> (...) I think MTron was before SPII. One might also argue that Spyrius had vehicles that were heavily influenced by some of the Futuron & late Classic. Otherwise, your mapping is quite interesting. But I digress. What we really have (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Where does the Life on Mars theme fit in to the LEGO universe?

(...) In real life, I do know for a fact that SPII was indeed after M-Tron but what I was hinting in my timeline was that they came after SP I and that SP II had evolved from SP I. As for Spyrius, Robo Force, and UFO, however, I am not so sure about (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Where does the Life on Mars theme fit in to the LEGO universe?

In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes: snip (...) snip (...) I think LOM is a precursor to pre-classic space as designed by Chris Giddens: (URL) would place Alpha Team in Town, maybe a secret special police force type. Jeff (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Where does the Life on Mars theme fit in to the LEGO universe?

It's kind of problematic. LOM feels like an advancement from Town-Spaceport, which is comparable to today's NASA, maybe put a few years into the future. My own Lego mythology has the Spaceport guys staging a mission to Mars, and when they get there (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)