 Space / 17309
Re: Moonbase Project: Volcanic Energy Refinery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:09:57 GMT

keep terraforming quiet till my next base comes out... sshhh....

-tk

"Markham Carroll" <mc_booga@hotpop.com> wrote in message

"Hendo (John P. Henderson)" <hendo@valyance.com> wrote in message
First, let me say that I love the general look and feel of Dave's • module.
There have been so many new Modules during the past month it is hard to
comment on them all.  I'm so excited by all this.  I almost can't wait • for
an earthquake to destroy my Castle scene so I can have the pieces for
another Moonbase Mod.  BTW, I think quite a few have not been linked to • the
Moonbase website, so if you have a Mod of your own, you should submit it
(http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=16566)...  Then I must say...

In lugnet.space, William R. Ward writes:
However, it's very nicely done.  Except of course for the fact that
there are no volcanos on the moon, or air for the helicopter to fly
in, but you can have some creative license...

Actually there have been some scientists who believe there could be • active
volcanic activity beneath the surface of the moon.  Some newer (although • not
completely accepted theories) suggest that the Earth's inner heat could • be
from reactivity in a uranium core (rather than the traditional theory of • it
just being heat that was trapped when the crust cooled and that would
eventually go away.  Based on the new theory, if some of that deeply • hidded
uranium were inside the moon also (as the moon may have been part of • Earth
at some point), then the moon could have a molten layer of rock beneath • the
surface.

Or maybe it is the freak side-affect of lunar terraforming projects.
Terraformation is also a possibility, since it's the nearish future. • Maybe
it's year 2030, and in 7 more years the whole base will explode, crack the
moon into peices, and destroy mankind as we know it with the sudden • changes
in tide, causing tsunamis and volcanic activity all over the earth!  But
first we must invent a time machine, go foward into time and......

--
Markham