 Space / 17144
Re: How many pieces does Adrian have? (was Re: New MOC: The VOX)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 21:37:53 GMT

not going to clubs and drinking everynight helps too i hear...

-tk

"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.space, Chris Maddison writes:
In lugnet.space, Adrian Drake writes:
As for my collection, about 230,000 pieces total.

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/mlist.cgi?m=39

The guide's a little off, and this doesn't include misc. bricklink
purchases, but it's pretty accurate.

Good God, man!  No wonder you can afford to keep all these awesome
brick-intensive MOCs alive and still pump out new ones.

That 100,000 of them came from bulk purchases of the 3033 blue tub and the
4288 red bucket should temper your amazement a bit.  I didn't have to • spend
THAT much on those (relatively).  It's not like all 230,000 pieces are
Galaxy Explorers and Message Intercept Bases (though if it were, I'd be • the
luckiest Lego man in the world)

I know of several other builders with huge collections like this, but no
spaceheads come to mind...

See there's the rub, I'm not just a spacehead, i'm also a technichead, and • a
sculpturehead, and sorta-town and castle head too.  It's remarkably brick
intensive to not specialize :)

As for me and my piddly little 40K collection, we make due. :-)

Hey, maybe when I'm an old man like you I'll have a few more bricks (HA!)

My collection size has grown 6-fold since I graduated from college.  All • it
takes is a touch more disposable income *hehe*  (Hey, wait a minute, old
man?  I'm only 27!)  I probably had less brick than you when I was your • age,
young pup.

Adrian