 Space / 16786
Re: moonbase inprogress teaser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 05:02:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:
The world, and particularly
the LUGNET world, will do a lot better without a bunch of know-it-alls with
bad attitudes like yourself.

Whoa... I forgot that HUMOR = HATE... Yes, I was name-calling, but COME ON
some people around here are WAY too uptight.

Anyway, I had made a mistake in my last letter and Dan was nice enough to
point it out to me.  Dan was also confused about what type of scale that my
space craft was going to be and believe me, it is very hard to give an
accurate description of a space craft when your brother hogs the computer
all day long

Yet, you seem to have plenty of time to argue about it... :\

and you are strapped for cash and you only have 20,000 LEGO
pieces in your entire collection.

I'm not rich by any means. 20k is quite a bit actualy compared to some GREAT
builders around here. I'm not sure exactly, but I doubt my collection tops
that. In fact alot of the best space builders DON'T have huge collections.
It's all about making due with what you have. THAT's the whole fun in
building with Lego.

You also obviously do not understand that
I have been trying to get a job so maybe I CAN become a great LUGNET Space
builder but if you had your way about it, no one new would EVER join LUGNET
Space, especially people with innovation such as myself.

Grow up, buddy. If you're so innovative make something with your 20k pieces
of Lego, which is PLENTY to make something really awesome.

Dan also informed me that the vessel that I was questioning had doors but
they were invisible.  I had suggested a door design but he had informed me
that he had doors already on his space craft, the Gibraltar, if I am not
mistaken.  (It is quite a nice vessel in terms of a GS&L Standard Capital Ship.)

I was also confused about standards for ship sizes, since I have slighly
different standards about different sized vessels than The Galactic Shipyard
and most of LUGNET.  A person should be allowed to be different, should they
not, Steve?

Absolutely, otherwise the world would be a very boring place.

If there is anything that I have done wrong, it was to speak off topic
because of my intentions to help another Dan, Dan Mattia, with his website,
to build new vessels and other space craft for him.  Of course, I also got
confused about the exact words that he said to me since I was hunting for
jobs that day, if I am not mistaken, Steve.

Please take the time to think on this, Steve, and do not make a hasty
decision about me.

You've been around long enough, and made plenty of posts for me to make a
decision about you. And frankly, I don't believe a word of it. If you are
for real, then I apogize for calling you a smurf/troll. However, everything
else I've said holds true. Stop talking so much about yourself without
backing it up. Post something, ANYTHING. Send someone some pictures by snail
mail if you must. That won't end this whole thing, but at least we'll know
SOMETHING about you other than what you tell us.

Oh, and don't think you're the only one with problems. I suffer from some
wicked anxeity, but I deal with it the best I can, and don't use it as an
excuse.

---SteveR