 Space / 16407
Re: Moonbase & 32x32 landing pads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:04:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jude Beaudin writes:
In lugnet.space, Roger Rothhaar writes:

Snipped...

I think you have a nice start but it creates clearance issues for ground
vehicles and people. Perhaps some ramps at various locations would help.

You could look at a level landing pad as being a ground level foundation
that is painted. Since the cement would be made with moon rock it is the
same colour, unless your plate is yellowed. :-)

Jude

There are in fact ramps but not to the surface level, anyway
it was just an example of how 32x32 plates could POSSIBLY be integrated
with the standard.

Of course the entire moonbase could be elevated and the landing
area below ala James Bond, Space 1999, or Project UFO:)

roger