 Space / 16410
Re: Moonbase & 32x32 landing pads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:29:36 GMT

Interesting concept.  However, the original plan for large scale moonbase
displays (such as that for next year's Brickfest) was to have a separate
landing/runway area, which would be based on the 32x32 footprint of the
landing pad and T junction road plates.  I see no reason we couldn't
incorporate a few landing pads in the middle of the main layout, though I
think they ought to be more centered on the 48x48 footprint.  Building them
up onto pillars like you did would make for an interesting visual, and
adding ramps (or even the standard attachment corridors) to gain access to
the pads would be cool.  They'd be sort of an executive landing area, closer
to the main buildings.

Adrian

Submitted for your approval:

My first section of Moonbase incorperates the 32x323 landing pad. The concept
is for a small pad for cargo and light ship landing in the midst of a large
base.

With a "Cargo Hopper" on the pad:

I am planning to expand my little area with warehouses and other related
facilities.
I'm also working on a fully elevated landing pad.

Greg