 Space / 16404
  Moonbase & 32x32 landing pads

As the size of the moonbase continues to increase it would seem to require support from larger spacecraft than those which would be accomodated by the "moon's surface"(48x48 plates). I wouldn't think there would be stripes painted on the surface:) (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase & 32x32 landing pads

(...) I think you have a nice start but it creates clearance issues for ground vehicles and people. Perhaps some ramps at various locations would help. You could look at a level landing pad as being a ground level foundation that is painted. Since (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase & 32x32 landing pads

(...) Interesting concept. However, the original plan for large scale moonbase displays (such as that for next year's Brickfest) was to have a separate landing/runway area, which would be based on the 32x32 footprint of the landing pad and T (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase & 32x32 landing pads

(...) Snipped... (...) There are in fact ramps but not to the surface level, anyway it was just an example of how 32x32 plates could POSSIBLY be integrated with the standard. Of course the entire moonbase could be elevated and the landing area below (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase & 32x32 landing pads

(...) Submitted for your approval: My first section of Moonbase incorperates the 32x323 landing pad. The concept is for a small pad for cargo and light ship landing in the midst of a large base. (URL) a "Cargo Hopper" on the pad: (URL) am planning (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase & 32x32 landing pads

(...) Well, I approve. I like the concept. (...) In my opinion fully elevated pads are the way to go. Guiding a craft between all of those modules to the platform could get a little hairy if the Instrument Landing System goes down. ;-) -Duane (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase & 32x32 landing pads

(...) But you could easily conceive of the moonbase as having been built up over the years, one module at a time, as the population expanded. As such, you wouldn't expect the layout to be perfectly planned. Of course, this conception fits the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

  Brilliant

this is brilliant. this is a perfect example of how the IDEA of the moonbase and the standard can be taken way beyond the ideas of even the people who created it. very nice integration of 32's be sure to bring this to a fest :-D -paul (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)