 Space / 16350
Re: New MOC: the Cuttlefish
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:09:51 GMT

Jeremy,
Thanks for the compliments.  I haven't done much with SNOT building before,
so this was a fun exercise.  the only part that isn't symmectrical is the
interior of the cockpit.
You may have seen an early picture I put up on Brickshelf a while ago.  I
didn't make an announcement until I got my pictures cropped, resized, and
(kind of) color corrected.  I've been inspired by several builders over
time, but I didn't conciously borrow ideas from any one of them.
As far as seeing more...  We'll have to see how much time I have to build.
I have ideas for a Moonbase module, so I'm hoping to work on that next.

-Joel

In lugnet.space, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.space, Joel Hoornbeek writes:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ClassicSmiley/Space/Cuttlefish/dscf0156.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ClassicSmiley/Space/Cuttlefish/dscf0160.jpg
The folder is http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=22252.

That's quite cool.  I like the SNOT work in there, and its symmetry.  And
overall, it just has a "clean" look that is hard to capture with legos.
FWIW, the name "Parrotfish" gets my vote.  :-,

I know I've seen this before...dunno where.  I'd love to see more!  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat