 Space / 16399
Re: New MOC: the Cuttlefish
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:57:09 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Hoornbeek wrote:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ClassicSmiley/Space/Cuttlefish/dscf0156.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ClassicSmiley/Space/Cuttlefish/dscf0160.jpg
The folder is http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=22252.

Comments are welcome.

Wow!  That is an awesome creation! :)

Later, Kyle Keppler wrote:

Now that's cool. One of the first MOC's in a whiel that made me say "cool".
The shape is great. Allthough one thing I think would be muy neato would be
a uber-greeblie engien on it.

I'd leave the trailing edges alone, their lines are wonderful.

But 'greebling up' the front flat surfaces (more than they already are)
would be cool. :)

And, Joel Hoornbeek replied:

Currently, it is powered by imagination. :)  I'm still working on designs
for engines, but in the mean time, I thought the slits in the edges of the
big saucer sections could count for something.

I was assuming/imagining some or all of the pods (the 4 arms) contained
the propulsion system(s).  Maybe the main drive is contained in the
horizontal arc, and the upper and lower pods contain sublight/antigrav
drives?  SF ships don't have to have drives that look anything like real
rockets. :)

Steve