 Space / 1578
Re: Here's An Idea I have
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 23:27:14 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeff Johnston writes:
Jonathan Reynolds wrote:

In lugnet.space, Jonathan Wilson writes:
The version I heard from my source (a person who worked at Futura as • part of
the team that created the Star Wars sets!) the license forbids any type • of
'flying spaceship'.  So Lego could produce a non Star Wars 'space' set • if it
was a base, or a wheeled vehicle...

This is where rock raiders fits in.

What about the Space sets with L&S? At least one set features a • winged 'flying
spaceship'.

Do you mean the Insectoids stuff?  That was before the Star Wars stuff came • out.

Or do you mean the 'Space Port' theme? I'm guessing that doesn't count because
it's (sort of) based on real world stuff.  Does a Space Shuttle or Apollo • rocket
count as a 'space ship'?  Dunno.

I imagine that the actual license, if it exists and has such a clause, is much
more specific about what a 'flying spaceship' is.

Yes I meant 'Space Port'. Sounds like the license has the effect of
considerably restricting the set designers. So, at the higher level at least,
TLC cannot claim "No rules" for building anymore!

Jon
--
sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura