 Space / 15392
15391  |  15393
Subject:
Blacktron Scumcraft (was Re: Scumcraft instructions!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 23:51:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
Lets see those Scumcrafts!

Okay, then...

See: http://www.ozbricks.com/blaktron/btscum/

My variant is not CAD faked, it is an actual redesign of the fuselage to fit
a minifigure.  There are other changes also, including a bigger engine
section that goes almost completely horizontal for proper forward
propulsion. Note also the work around the cockpit, I think I have left fewer
large gaps and still accomodated the canopy hinges' free movement.

Obviously, no such real brick MOC is possible -- so my real world model is
light grey and dark grey just like Jon's -- my pilot is a clone trooper (the
one with the "finned" helmet).  I guess we can just dream about those
trans-yellow canopies and 2x2 trans-red round bricks.

While I didn't show it in the current CAD images, I also played with higher
wing "shrouds" using those huge light grey 1x6x5 slope bricks and some dark
grey 1x2 "ribbed" bricks -- it looks quite cool that way also.

Thanks, Jon!

-- Hop-Frog