 Space / 15393
Re: Blacktron Scumcraft (was Re: Scumcraft instructions!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 01:47:44 GMT

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
Lets see those Scumcrafts!

Okay, then...

See: http://www.ozbricks.com/blaktron/btscum/

My variant is not CAD faked, it is an actual redesign of the fuselage to • fit
a minifigure.  There are other changes also, including a bigger engine
section that goes almost completely horizontal for proper forward
propulsion. Note also the work around the cockpit, I think I have left • fewer
large gaps and still accomodated the canopy hinges' free movement.

Ahhhh...now thats scummy.  Fills me with glee...er...revulsion.
Nice job on the cockpit mod. It doesn't look too much bigger at 2 studs
wider.
My whole goal originally was to get it as close to scale with the Spiffcraft
as I could (spiffcraft 14x16 / scumcraft 12x20)..but like I said I might do
something similar to what you've done in the future.  Your engine looks nice
and beefy but I still prefer the downward angled version, even if it might
not make as much sense)

Obviously, no such real brick MOC is possible -- so my real world model is
light grey and dark grey just like Jon's -- my pilot is a clone trooper • (the
one with the "finned" helmet).  I guess we can just dream about those
trans-yellow canopies and 2x2 trans-red round bricks.

Yeah that canopy looks really cool in yellow.

While I didn't show it in the current CAD images, I also played with • higher
wing "shrouds" using those huge light grey 1x6x5 slope bricks and some • dark
grey 1x2 "ribbed" bricks -- it looks quite cool that way also.

You mean those really tall slopes like the ones in all of the Arctic sets?
That'd be some super tricked out shrouds (I call 'em fins)

Thanks, Jon!

:-)

-Jon