 Space / 15099
Re: Scumcraft instructions!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:56:54 GMT

"Matt Sekerak" <matthew.sekerak@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:GyBKGM.MGD@lugnet.com...

Question, where
did you get the grey technic slope/stud pieces right under the canopy?  I
think I have some on the UCS X-wing, but I don't want to cannabalize.  Are
these available on a cheaper set?

Hmm that could be a problem:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2744

Looks like I got mine in the X-wing and some Time cruiser sets.  Nothing
recent.

But in other colors:

http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/psearch?limit=color&year=2001&query=27
44&color=Black
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6616-1
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6714

I should have tried some different (more common) slopes there.  I just loved
the way the canopy meshed with those slopes..I couldn't resist.  I'm sure
using some other slopes wouldn't be too hard.  Getting the canopy sorta
'airtight' might be harder though.. Ya know this might be a blessing in
disguise.  If one of us can figure out another compact solution maybe we
could even fit a minifig in there.

I'll start playing around with mine and if I find a solution I'll modify the
instructions. :-)

-Jon