 Space / 15354
    Et In Arcadia Lego - Permanent Build Proposal Coolness —Paul Hartzog
   howD all, I've been pondering the reasons WHY collaborative builds never quite work and I beleive I have solved the problem, so I have a proposition and an invitation: 1) A multi-purpose space station composed of 'modules' (multi purpose allows for (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickswest) !

        Re: Et In Arcadia Lego - Permanent Build Proposal Coolness —Dave Johann
     (...) Great way to allow for more interaction between builders. (...) Definitely! (...) This is probably the easiest way to design a central core. Other options would include making it circular (DS9-like) via click hinges. Either way, any modules (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

         Permant Build - airlocks, etc —Paul Hartzog
     (...) I'm thinking this out, more later.... (for now, just the shaft) (...) if your module needs air security then put an airlock between your shaft-unit and your module (...) actually, i talked to jon about this idea already, he's swamped. maybe we (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Et In Arcadia Lego - Permanent Build Proposal Coolness —Rick Hallman
     (...) This would be rather interesting to see, with the multitude of building styles, colors, and types, we could get a very nice "kit-bash" look. (...) Seems easy enough. It would be neat to see just how big this thing gets. ;-) (...) I thought of (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Et In Arcadia Lego - Permanent Build Proposal Coolness —Tom Sciortino
      "Paul Hartzog" <panarchy23@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gyw9v8.ML5@lugnet.com... (...) I've been looking to expand myself beyond medium sized fighters, maybe this is the way to do it... I'm in! Will you be selecting a color scheme (or at least (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

         Permant Build - LDRAW, colors, etc —Paul Hartzog
     (...) I think that using a non-color as your base color (white, black, grey, dk. grey) and using a real color as your highlight or flashy color (just look at Jon Palmer's stuff, very controlled) is the best bet. (...) for now, LDRAW is out. I mean, (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Et In Arcadia Lego - Permanent Build Proposal Coolness —Morgan J. Steele
     I think this is a great idea and would love to participate. Maybe expanding on the color idea... the entire thing is grey, with a stripe around each module. Maybe each person could have there own color. I'm wondering, what kind of interior will be (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Et In Arcadia Lego - Permanent Build Proposal Coolness —William P. (Pat) Hough
     "Ray, for a moment, pretend that I don't know anything about metallurgy, engineering, or physics, and just tell me what the hell is going on." Paul, I gotta some questions. Mama Mia! 1. What is meant by "doors"? As in a specific LEGO element? Or do (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

         Permanent Build - doors and cubes —Paul Hartzog
     (...) well the shaft units would have closeable 'doors' NOT lego doors of some kind of determinate form that everyone would follow. (...) yes cube, but i think that is a no-go for now -p (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

        Permanent Build Followup —Paul Hartzog
     oops, looks like my terminology was a little vague (sory) i mean "Permanent" as in the actual contest/build is permanent not the modules themselves. So like it is always open and ongoing to new modules and new builders. In fact, it might be a great (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

        Permanent Build Proposal Mutation —Paul Hartzog
   howD at brickfest the permanent build proposal mutated into something new and cool so for now, i'm withdrawing the whole spacestation w/ shaft units idea (re: Et In Arcadia Lego) in favor of the new mutation which will be posted here soon. :-D -paul (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)