 Space / 15354
  Et In Arcadia Lego - Permanent Build Proposal Coolness

howD all, I've been pondering the reasons WHY collaborative builds never quite work and I beleive I have solved the problem, so I have a proposition and an invitation: 1) A multi-purpose space station composed of 'modules' (multi purpose allows for (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickswest) !

  Re: Et In Arcadia Lego - Permanent Build Proposal Coolness

(...) Great way to allow for more interaction between builders. (...) Definitely! (...) This is probably the easiest way to design a central core. Other options would include making it circular (DS9-like) via click hinges. Either way, any modules (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Et In Arcadia Lego - Permanent Build Proposal Coolness

(...) This would be rather interesting to see, with the multitude of building styles, colors, and types, we could get a very nice "kit-bash" look. (...) Seems easy enough. It would be neat to see just how big this thing gets. ;-) (...) I thought of (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

"Paul Hartzog" <panarchy23@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gyw9v8.ML5@lugnet.com... (...) I've been looking to expand myself beyond medium sized fighters, maybe this is the way to do it... I'm in! Will you be selecting a color scheme (or at least (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Et In Arcadia Lego - Permanent Build Proposal Coolness

I think this is a great idea and would love to participate. Maybe expanding on the color idea... the entire thing is grey, with a stripe around each module. Maybe each person could have there own color. I'm wondering, what kind of interior will be (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Et In Arcadia Lego - Permanent Build Proposal Coolness

"Ray, for a moment, pretend that I don't know anything about metallurgy, engineering, or physics, and just tell me what the hell is going on." Paul, I gotta some questions. Mama Mia! 1. What is meant by "doors"? As in a specific LEGO element? Or do (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Permanent Build Followup

oops, looks like my terminology was a little vague (sory) i mean "Permanent" as in the actual contest/build is permanent not the modules themselves. So like it is always open and ongoing to new modules and new builders. In fact, it might be a great (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Permant Build - airlocks, etc

(...) I'm thinking this out, more later.... (for now, just the shaft) (...) if your module needs air security then put an airlock between your shaft-unit and your module (...) actually, i talked to jon about this idea already, he's swamped. maybe we (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Permant Build - LDRAW, colors, etc

(...) I think that using a non-color as your base color (white, black, grey, dk. grey) and using a real color as your highlight or flashy color (just look at Jon Palmer's stuff, very controlled) is the best bet. (...) for now, LDRAW is out. I mean, (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Permanent Build - doors and cubes

(...) well the shaft units would have closeable 'doors' NOT lego doors of some kind of determinate form that everyone would follow. (...) yes cube, but i think that is a no-go for now -p (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Permanent Build Proposal Mutation

howD at brickfest the permanent build proposal mutated into something new and cool so for now, i'm withdrawing the whole spacestation w/ shaft units idea (re: Et In Arcadia Lego) in favor of the new mutation which will be posted here soon. :-D -paul (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build)