 Space / 14812
Re: Ice Planet Entry: Scissor Wing IV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 01:46:07 GMT

In lugnet.space, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.space, Matt Hein writes:

Great job, Matt.  I get a little Unitron Starhawk II from the bits around
the cockpit and the two tailfins -- one of my very favorite space designs
amongst official sets.  As a first effort, you've done work to be proud of.

Thanks. For my first MOC, I didn't know what the response would be.
Yes, this was an original design, but the Unitron Starhawk II
did inspire me, as well as the X wing, and a personal design of mine
based on a story I'm writing as of now.

Technical points:
1. I'd like to see the MOC DAT files included in the brickshelf folder.  Be
sure to include all subfiles, possibly by inlining them into a single file.
According to the contest rules, I think you're supposed to mail such files
to me, but posting them to brickshelf will be sufficient.  I look forward to
seeing the MOC in LDView.

I just included the DAT.text file for each model in the Scissor wing,
so If that's what you wanted, here it is.

I hope these are the right files.

2. Did you really use trans-orange or is that flat out trans-red?  It's fine
either way, I am just trying to figure out why the orange is so fiery.  Did
you tweak the images in something like photoshop?

Er...I just took the original orange color from the palette and
changed the setting to "transparent". It really doesn't matter to me
though. I like fiery orange better, because it gives the models a more
sinister look. I think my photoshop editor changed the appearance a little,
though.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet No. 1112

-- The Ice Worm