 Robotics / Spybotics / *96 (-20)
  Re: variables and spybot

(...) Something tricky about MindScript is the way it handles whitespace around certain things. I just noticed that I had written: n^= 0 in my program. For a minute or two I was thinking that was using a ^= operator on the variable n. But there (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: variables and spybot

(...) For reasons unknown to me the designers of MindScript decided to use array property notation much like that used in Delphi to implement various features in the Spybot firmware. world should not be thought of as a subroutine. It is a (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  variables and spybot (1)

Hello John. Thanks again for the info about IR related syntax . With your information I wrote a small target finding related program. The bot produces four different sounds depending on the distance between the bot and the controller. I used the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  variables and spybot

Hello John. Thanks again for the info about IR related syntax . With your information I wrote a small target finding related program. The bot produces four different sounds depending on the distance between the bot and the controller. I used the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Did anyone see Spybotics on Tech TV

Did anyone see this episode reviewing Spybots on TechTV? (URL) I missed it. Was the review good or bad? Cheers, Ralph (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: target programming

(...) First, let me just mention that there is no good reason at all to use ScriptEd for writing programs. BricxCC seems to be a far better choice in that regard since it supports both NQC and MindScript (and LASM as well). What do you mean by (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  target programming

Hello all, I like to write a program in NQC or ScriptEd wich determine the distance between the spybot and the controller. Does anybody already figured out wich syntax to use in order to solve this problem. I had a look in the SDK and de spybot.h (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybotics commercial airs on Channel One News

Hi all, Today on Channel One News, which is a NY-based company that produces a news broadcast each weekday for middle and high schools across the country, today aired 3 different Spybotics commerical in a commercial block of (approx.) two minutes, (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.general)

  Re: Communication problem

Thanks for your responses! The problem is finally solved - don't ask me how though :) (Although I do have a suspicion - see below) I'll leave a few notes on what I experienced in case someone else runs in to the same difficulties. First the final (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Communication problem

"André Koopman" <pa0akv@noord.bart.nl> wrote in message news:H1wxDG.FIo@lugnet.com... (...) want to (...) should it (...) controller (...) be (...) blink (...) setup (...) ok. (...) Red doesn't translate though blue very well. That's why it's so (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Communication problem

(...) Alexander I got the same "problem" it seems the controller led doesn´t blink but if you look in the dark it does. Also I got during the controller setup the error message but after skipping this part everything seems to work ok. Much pleasure (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Communication problem

(...) It should. Maybe you need to "establish a secure communication channel" (your Spybot and remote could be tuned on different channels). See (URL)2. The troubleshooter says there should be a LED blinking in the controller (...) I noticed that (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Communication problem

Hi, I just bought a Gigamesh and cannot get it to respond to the controller. (Troubleshooter fails at "Testing controller") I suspect a hardware fault, but before contacting customer services I'd want to ask two questions. 1. If I just switch on the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Which spybotic set is best?

(...) With Technojaw, each hand/jaw is coupled with the wheel of the same side -- The hand/jaw opens when the wheel turns backward, and closes when forward. The whole mechanism also serves as a front bumper, as you have observed. Very, very clever. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  SPybotics on TechTV

Did anyone see this episode on TechTV? (URL) I missed it. Was the review good or bad? Cheers, Ralph (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Is spybotics website down?

(...) its down now, local time 21:00 Cheers André (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Is spybotics website down?

(...) Everything works fine here, Ralph Cheers André (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Is spybotics website down?

Is is just me, or is www.spybotics.com down? Cheers, Ralph (22 years ago, 1-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: programming spybot

(...) Have you tried making the file extension of your program be ".rcx2" or ".lsc" yet? That's the only way BricxCC can tell it should use LCC32 rather than NQC to compile the file. Compiling MindScript code using NQC will definitely give you a (...) (22 years ago, 31-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: programming spybot

John many thanks for the fine info. I did set the LCC include path and checked the present of the globals.h and spybot.h files. Everything seems to be OK. Still I get the same error line 1 error parse error. Both versions of your program gave the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact