 Robotics / Spybotics / 87
Re: Communication problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:34:46 GMT

"André Koopman" <pa0akv@noord.bart.nl> wrote in message
news:H1wxDG.FIo@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Alexander Cech writes:
Hi,

I just bought a Gigamesh and cannot get it to respond to the controller.
(Troubleshooter fails at "Testing controller")

I suspect a hardware fault, but before contacting customer services I'd • want to
ask two questions.

1. If I just switch on the spybot, without connecting it to the PC, • should it
react to the controller buttons (controller dial is turned to the left) ?

2. The troubleshooter says there should be a LED blinking in the • controller
when it is switched to "action mode" (dial to the right). I do see the
blinking, but it seems very faint/dim to mee. Is that normal or should it • be
bright?

Thanks!

Alexander I got the same "problem" it seems the controller led doesn´t • blink
but if you look in the dark it does. Also I got during the controller • setup
the error message but after skipping this part everything seems to work • ok.

Much pleasure with the new toy !

Red doesn't translate though blue very well. That's why it's so hard to see,
in the green one it's easy to see. I haven't opened the purple and red ones
yet to check.

Dean