 Robotics / Spybotics / *231 (-20)
  Re: FindWorld & ClearWorld Spybot NQC API additions

This is an area of robotics that particularly interests me. Thank you for doing all this work! Now...how do I put all together? Do I simply add your programming to the bottom of spy.nqh or are there particular locations where pieces should go? Would (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Robotics invention system 3.0

Is there any new news about the Robotics invention system 3.0? i heard it was comming out soon and i wanted to get an idea about what some differences were between that an 2.0. any information would be helpful. -Nick (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  FindWorld & ClearWorld Spybot NQC API additions

Another addition to spy.nqh : #define REL_GT 0 #define REL_LT 1 #define REL_EQ 2 #define REL_NE 3 __nolist void FindWorld(int &v, const int relsrc, const int crit, const int& thresh) { asm { 0xd5, &v : 0x3000001, 0x2a + relsrc, crit, &thresh : (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: More Spybotics NQC API stuff (work in progress)

Some slight revisions to the previous submission. And now I have finally figured out how to get the Spybot to control Manas. I'm very puzzled by the equations for setting the output bytes. Any explanations would be greatly appreciated. #include (...) (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  More Spybotics NQC API stuff (work in progress)

A lot of this is untested and very rough. For some reason I still can't get the Spybot to send out RC messages to a Manas unit. Sending an RCX message (opcode 0xF7) is quite simple - either using the ROM subroutine SendRCXMessage or by using the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Team Spybot (was: Yet another NQC spybot API submission)

(...) I recently made a pair of Spybots that could work together for an autonomous sumo competition. I wanted to use the Spybot "ZONES" but found this info is not available in NQC. It was pretty easy to pick up Mindscript, and I was able to do just (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Yet another NQC spybot API submission

(...) Hello John, Sure I'm interested... Though I have not devoted enough time to the Spybots, I think they make a good "poor man" robotics platform - unfortunately with quite a few limitations. Thanks a lot for the time and energy you put in (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Yet another NQC spybot API submission

I'm hanging on every byte, John. I've tried a couple times to do what your doing with the Spybot API, and I just don't seem to have what it takes. For instance, I tried to figure out how to get the Spybot to respond to its remote control from NQC, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Yet another NQC spybot API submission  [DAT]

Doh! I had the low and high bytes switched on the items below which can be passed one or more frequencies. Now I have actually tested this code and it does, indeed, work (with the low and high bytes in the correct order). I've also slightly changed (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Yet another NQC spybot API submission

I forgot to cross-post this to the spybotics newsgroup. My apologies for the double post. Here is another submission to the NQC spybot API. I haven't properly tested this against an actual Spybot but I have compared the NQC output code to what is (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  RE: I Need Some Advice!

(...) You'll probably love them. There are a couple of pre-made games that use 1 player and 2 bots. You can use NQC to give the bots custom behaviour. The software that comes with the Spybots is decent, but really aimed at kids. You can also buy my (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  I Need Some Advice!

Hi All, I recently purchased two of the spybotic sets at a cheap price (10 bucks)! What I am wondering is whether I would enjoy keeping a set (or two) for myself or whether to just sell them. I don't want to bust open the boxes only to find out that (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Proximity detection?

(...) I think there are hints that the ROM can. IIRC, the Spybotic software allows you to set the IR to detect "some kind of thing at an unknown distance and direction". This is my interpretation of what the Spybotic GUI is telling me, not a verbal (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Proximity detection?

(...) The Spybot hardware itself appears capable of simple proximity detection. Looking at outputs from the IR detector modules on an oscilloscope, I can see the Spybot's own pings. This includes the absence/presence of range sensing/ID bits due to (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Has anyone hacked a spybot for more ports?

Has anyone hacked a Spybot for more sensor ports? It seems to me that the six LED's could become 3 duel direction motor ports. (Would require a 9v power pack of course) I'm also sure that the touch sensor could be converted to a regular touch sensor (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Snaptrax Hands

The hands of Snaptrax are bound with one rubber band and are quite useless. You cannot really grab things - at the best you can shift things around with one hand. I tried with two rubber bands crossed via the 4 pods of the Snaptrax front. The (...) (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybot Zones

(...) (URL) think that link will give you a good idea of how to get spybot distance and direction. It also shows how to setup byte code commands in NQC. (URL) link has more samples showing how to talk to the spybot firmware using NQC's asm (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybot Zones

Can anyone tell me how to set-up byte code commands in NQC? I want to use some of the Spybot Firmware commands for robot distance and direction to make two spybots work together, but I don't think that functionality has been added to NQC, yet. If (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Hailfire + Spybotics

(...) I used my trusty old Nikon Coolpix 990 camera. Natural lighting, program shift to use a high f-stop and get high depth of field. Plus light level optimisation with Photoshop... Philo (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Hailfire + Spybotics

Really clear photos. Can you tell me what camera you used? --Jack Gregory "Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:HIonn8.CHt@lugnet.com... (...) Droid (...) .../hsb13.jpg (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact