 Robotics / Spybotics / 219
Re: Proximity detection?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 02:57:26 GMT

Jay Francis wrote:

It seems like the key is if the ROM would include it's own received information
in the World Relation table (or if there was another way to obtain this info).
Does anyone know if it can, or a method to obtain the info?
I think there are hints that the ROM can. IIRC, the Spybotic software allows you
to set the IR to detect "some kind of thing at an unknown distance and
direction". This is my interpretation of what the Spybotic GUI is telling me, not
a verbal quote. I never managed to make reality correspond to this
interpretation, however. It also seems like there are bits in the SDK MindScript
code, which I mostly don't understand, which give a similar hint.

As to a method, I plain don't understand 98% of the SDK. Heck, I can't even
figure out how to respond to the Spybot IR remote from NQC.
-Brian