 Robotics / Scout / 42
RE: Exploration Mars Availalble?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.scout
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 17:13:03 GMT

I am finished finally with the XCam anywhere rover. I just need to document
the setup on the web site...soon. Today I am moving all of the Legos and
computers into a spare bedroom to prepare our house for a yearly xmas
party...so maybe soon is a bit of a misnomer ;)

Rich Thompson
http://www.marsrobot.com

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Mike Kory
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 1999 7:53 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Exploration Mars Availalble?

JP Brown <envcons@csi.com> wrote in message
news:384A167D.3164EB90@csi.com...

The picture isn't good enough for me to see what the thingy on the front • of
the "rover" is -- I somehow doubt that it is a video camera (would • probably
make the set waaaay more expensive than the $54 figure being tossed around
here), but it doesn't look much like anything I've seen before.

It sure looks like a camera to me. You can even see a somewhat thicker cable
coming off of the camera. Although low-res "golf ball" style cameras have
gotten pretty cheap, I agree that $54 still seems too low.

Working with the rover tethered to the computer seems a little awkward. Rich
Thompson was working on using a remote video camera from X10. How's that
going Rich?

--Mike Kory