 Robotics / 8828
Re: Exploration Mars Availalble?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 13:53:27 GMT

JP Brown <envcons@csi.com> wrote in message
news:384A167D.3164EB90@csi.com...

The picture isn't good enough for me to see what the thingy on the front • of
the "rover" is -- I somehow doubt that it is a video camera (would • probably
make the set waaaay more expensive than the $54 figure being tossed around
here), but it doesn't look much like anything I've seen before.

It sure looks like a camera to me. You can even see a somewhat thicker cable
coming off of the camera. Although low-res "golf ball" style cameras have
gotten pretty cheap, I agree that $54 still seems too low.

Working with the rover tethered to the computer seems a little awkward. Rich
Thompson was working on using a remote video camera from X10. How's that
going Rich?

--Mike Kory