 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 801 (-10)
  Re: The datalog

So I can just return the datalog to the computer, not have NQC choose different programs to download depending on what the datalog reads? BTW, in firware version 2, the RCX can read from the datalog, but what does that mean in reality? Can it decide (...) (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: The datalog

(...) yes (...) NQC programs do not run on the host computer. They only run on the target (RCX/Cybermaster/Scout). The NQC command can read the datalog (printing it to stdout) and download programs, but to do something intelligent you'd need another (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Scout poweroff time out?

(...) Possible, yes, but I'd prefer not to. The command line is already too complex. I might consider adding the information as part of the regular program download message (with the battery level). For devices other than Scout, there isn't a fixed (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: Scout poweroff time out?

(...) You know, I tried that. It didn't work. But then I'm using my new editor (that I'm working on) and had forgotten to set the brick type with EACH command to NQC. I only had it set to compile/Download. So the scout wouldn't be 'unlocked' until I (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  The datalog

Can I have the computer read the datalog after a program is finished, and then, depending on what the datalog reads, have it download a different program to the RCX? My idea would be to make a robot that stores it's movement, and thhen have the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Scout's Built-In 29 Subroutines & NQC?

(...) In the old Scout API there were two calls: #define local(n) (@((n) + 10)) void Call(const int n) { asm { 0x17, n }; } You can enable the API by adding -D__SCOUT_COMPAT on the command line, or just copy the above two lines into your program. (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Scout poweroff time out?

(...) I just verified that both of these work. I'll fix the API for the next NQC release, but in the meantime, you can always add the following functions to your Scout programs: void SetSleepTime(const int t) { asm { 0xb1, t }; } void SleepNow() { (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: Scout poweroff time out?- Update

(...) After a *FEW* hours playing with this thing I've found out the following... It's built in shutdown is set for 15 minutes. Sending an IR code seems to reset this counter. So far I cannot find any way to keep it alive on it's own. If anyone (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Scout's Built-In 29 Subroutines & NQC?

I've been re-reading the Scout SDK and came across the following: "Program Block Library (subroutines) The Scout has an extensive subroutine library of general-purpose functions that can help reduce the size of downloaded user programs. Many of the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Scout poweroff time out?

(...) Looking at the Scout SDK, I think it does support the same sleep time command as the RCX - although perhaps not from within a program. There are two things to try: nqc -sleep 0 or add the following function to your program and call it (with (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact