 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 736 (-20)
  Re: Vision Command on a Mac

(...) If the mac has pci slots you can install a USB card. this , of course doesnt mean the software will work but you can add USB ports to "some" older macs. I am using a usb/firewire orange micro card in my 7500 power mac ( requires OS 8.6 or (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Vision Command on a Mac

(...) No chance. The camera is USB. (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Vision Command on a Mac

I there any way of getting this up and running on an old Mac with serial ports ? For months now I have been trying to figure out a way to accomplish what Vision Command does using third party hardware & software but haven't been very successful. Any (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Problems Solved(WAS Re: Problems with datalog)

(...) before (...) I just tried using the Wait() command for up to 5 seconds. Still didn't work. I remember reading that the Vision Command required the new firmware. I assumed that VC d/l'd the new firmware automatically. I didn't remember waiting (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Problems with datalog

(...) Have you tried putting in a Wait command after creating the Datalog and before you start using it? It must take a few milliseconds to set up. Just my .001 cents after taxes... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Problems with datalog

(...) It is possible. If the datalog is created from outside the program (i.e. RCXcc) then my program correctly logs the IR messages. The problem I'm having is that I cannot get the RCX to create the datalog from within the program. From Dave's (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Problems with datalog

(...) directly, but that's not possible. A careful examination of the DataLogNext command in the beta SDK documentation shows that the command is quite limited and that you can only log (global) variables, timers, sensor values and the watch/clock. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Problems with datalog

(...) Dave, I'm using NQC 2.2 b1. The firmware filename is firm0328.lgo, the version that came with Vision Command. Ryan -- (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: -raw codes for NQC's Raw command

(...) I've been sent the format for the codes. Thanks for your help. I've almost completed a new editing/control system for the Mindstorms pbricks. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Problems with datalog

(...) What version of the firmware are you using (what's the filename of the firmware file)? I think some versions of early 2.0 firmware didn't support creating the datalog from within a program. Also, what version of NQC are you using...I don't (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Problems with datalog

I wrote a simple program that adds any messages received to the datalog. It also beeps after it logs each message so that I know it is working. The CreateDatalog() command doesn't seem to be working. It seems pretty simple. What am I missing? The (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: -raw codes for NQC's Raw command

(...) Did you look at (URL)? (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  -raw codes for NQC's Raw command

I require the codes for STOP and OFF for the RCX (and if any of the others are different, them too) This is for a new programing front end for NQC for the disabled. nqc -raw code Where 'code' is that's what I need for the STOP all programs and power (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Thoughts & Issues w/ Vision Command

(...) What about the picture quality? Could the Camera used as a cheap alternative instead of a digital camera? Only for web pictures of Lego creations, of course ;-) Regards, Hakan (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Thoughts & Issues w/ Vision Command

This sounds like progress. Now I just need to learn more about the messages VC is sending to the RCX. Is there a way to upload a program from the RCX to the computer. I'd like to know more about what is send to the program 5 slot. What does it do? (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RcxCC Source Code available

(...) Cool, thanks! I'm not an experienced Delphi programmer, but I plan to play with Kylix ( = Delphi for Linux from Borland/Inprise) when it's released, so given time (a scarce commodity these days) I may produce a Linux port. (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RcxCC Source Code available

In recent months many people have asked me for extending RcxCC, in particular by adding Scout support, the new NQC 2.2 and dealing with RCX 2. The problem with this is that, although it is easy to make it possible to call the new NQC, the rest of (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Thoughts & Issues w/ Vision Command

I purchased Vision Command tonight from Target. I must say I'm rather impressed with what I've seen so far. I bought VC mainly for its applications with RIS so that is what this post will focus on. The VC software allows you to film time lapse and (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC and Vision Command

Target has them in stock. (...) G. Crisp - gcrisp@mindspring.com "Indian, indian, what did you die for? Indian says 'Nothing at all.'" -- Jim Morrison (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC and Vision Command

(...) Where did you see it? On the official Mindstorms website LEGO says it will be available in september 2000. Thanks, Eelco Kooiker (URL) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact