 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 720
719  |  721
Subject:
RcxCC Source Code available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 08:49:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In recent months many people have asked me for extending RcxCC, in
particular by adding Scout support, the new NQC 2.2 and dealing with RCX 2.
The problem with this is that, although it is easy to make it possible to
call the new NQC, the rest of RcxCC depends heavily on the spirit.ocx.
Adapting the rest of the program to Scout and RCX 2 is a lot more work (and
possibly partially impossible). A solution might be to make a stripped-down
version of RcxCC that is only the editor and the interface to NQC but
without all the other stuff. I thought about this but decided that I am not
going to do this in the near future. The problem is a combination of too
little time and the fact that I don't have the Scout, not the CyberMaster,
so it is impossible to test all this.

Instead I decided to make the source code available such that others can do
these things. The source code is now available on the RcxCC home page

http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/markov/lego/rcxcc/index.html

RcxCC was written in Delphi. The program is reasonable well structured (I
think) but not very well documented. So better be an experienced Delphi
programmer before you start working on it. Good luck, and please keep me
updated about new versions.

Mark Overmars