 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 730
Re: Problems with datalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 07:05:37 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Ryan J. Schave writes:
What version of the firmware are you using (what's the filename of the
firmware file)?  I think some versions of early 2.0 firmware didn't
support creating the datalog from within a program.

Also, what version of NQC are you using...I don't know of any datalog
problems like this, but I'll try to reproduce it.

Dave Baum

Dave,

I'm using NQC 2.2 b1.  The firmware filename is firm0328.lgo, the version
that came with Vision Command.

Ryan

--

http://members.home.net/rjschave

Looking at your NQC program, you seem to be logging the IR message buffer
directly, but that's not possible.

A careful examination of the DataLogNext command in the beta SDK documentation
shows that the command is quite limited and that you can only log (global)
variables, timers, sensor values and the watch/clock. If you copy the message
to a (global) variable and log that value, my guess is that it'll work.

-- Michael