 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 733
732  |  734
Subject:
Problems Solved(WAS Re: Problems with datalog)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 20:49:43 GMT

Have you tried putting in a Wait command after creating the Datalog and • before
you start using it? It must take a few milliseconds to set up.

Just my .001 cents after taxes...

Dean

I just tried using the Wait() command for up to 5 seconds.  Still didn't
work.

I remember reading that the Vision Command required the new firmware.  I
assumed that VC d/l'd the new firmware automatically.  I didn't remember
waiting for that rather long process or having to reload my programs.  Using
the ATLCLient I used the info function to get the firmware version directly
from the brick.  It responded with: Version(ROM.firmware): 0301.0321.  That
didn't seem to match the file name I reported back to Dave (which I got from
one of the sub directories of the VC software installation).  Using the
ATLClient I d/l'd the new firmware and checked the version again.  This time
it reported: Version(ROM.firmware): 0301.0328.  Then I reloaded my program
and tried it again.  It works great (even w/o a Wait command).

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for help.

Ryan

--

http://members.home.net/rjschave