 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 691 (-20)
  Re: Need help with my program

(...) Why don't you post the code here? That'll help us help you! (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Need help with my program

I just started with NQC and attempted to make a light-seeking program. It is supposed to go forward for a wile and them stop and then turn a little, check the light level, turn again, check again and keep doing it until it gets darker then the last (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Arrays not working

(...) MacNQC 2.2a3 predates array support. MacNQC 2.2a3 uses NQC compiler 2.2a2, and arrays were added at NQC 2.2b1. You can find out what version of compiler is being used in the "About..." box. In theory the fix is simple...just release MacNQC (...) (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Arrays not working

I'm trying to define an array with MacNQC 2.2a3, but this: int foo[10]; produces this error: Error: parse error untitled line 1 int foo[10]; ~ (24 years ago, 6-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: light sensor LED control

(...) The LED is on whenever you configure the sensor port to be an "active" port (ROTATION or LIGHT sensor type). You can turn off the LED by setting the port's type to one of the passive types (TOUCH, TEMPERATURE). Actually, you can get reasonable (...) (24 years ago, 5-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  light sensor LED control

I'm using NQC 2.2 (but I also had the problem with 2.1) to compile programs for my RCX. I don't see how to control whether the LED in the light sensor is on or off. Doing a SetSensor didn't do it...I had to run an old program from Gordon's Brick (...) (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Military (was Seeking Programming Assistance)

Whatever your viewpoint (I certainly have mine), this is completely off-topic here. Please move this to the .off-topic.debate group. (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Seeking Programming Assistance

Pavel, I'm very glad they are using something which is fast and easily adapted. The United States military includes some of the finest people in the world. I'm might proud to support them. Way to go, folks! Regards to all vets and current U.S. (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  prg file converter

Hello all, I have some .prg files, compatible with the Lego Mindstorm software that I would like to convert to NQC compatible files, is it possible?? Thanks, Jim (24 years ago, 18-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

However I would prefer them to use robots for mine clearing than humans! See > > supposed to detect "mines" Neil "Pavel Petrovic" <petrovic@idi.ntnu.no> wrote in message news:3972FA29.800201...ntnu.no... (...) we are (...) written a (...) from Mr (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Military (was Seeking Programming Assistance)

(...) Its a pity that the world is such that military force is required. There's no shortage of people who will use violence to take your freedoms or life. Defending those freedoms requires a willingness to use force. Note I say "willingness"...that (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Seeking Programming Assistance

It's a pitty that LEGO is used by military, i.e. by people who are trained to kill other people... Pavel. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Seeking Programming Assistance

Hi, my name is Jude Tomasello. I am a US Army civilian and am currently taking a class in which we are involved in using the Lego Mindstorm as a simulation for an unmanned ground vehicle. Because of its versatility, we are using NQC instead of the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: temperature sensor problem

(...) No problem. Most of the other environments hide this sort of thing programmer, but this relies on the fact that the programming environment knows how each sensor is going to be used. I didn't think this fit with the C philosophy*, so (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: VB Upload Problem

Well, Chris verifies that he uses variable 23, 24, and 25 to log values in ROBOLAB, and that he also puts in random stuff such as which sensor it is, etc. in the beginning of the datalog. But this still leaves the problem of how to clear the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: temperature sensor problem

ahhh... there it is. page 312. thanks. :) i think i saw that 3-digit stuff before and i forgot about it. and thanks for the idea about the until. -ben (...) of (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: temperature sensor problem

Ben, Internally, the RCX only works with integers, but .1 degree resolution was desired for temperature sensors, so the sensor values are actually measured in .1 degree increments. A reading of 70 degrees F is stored as 700, not 70. If you change (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  temperature sensor problem

It's probably something simple and i'm about to embarrass myself, but I'm trying to write the equivalent of an RCX Code temperature sensor watcher with NQC. The motors don't seem to shut off, even when the temperature gets less than 70... (I added (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Call for Mac programmers

(...) I've posted the source code for MacNQC (sorry it took so long): (URL) there are any serious takers for continuing MacNQC development, please let me know. About the only thing I'd be concerned about is that the project should stay MPL'ed. Dave (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC Programmer's Guide Updated

A major overhaul of the NQC Programmer's Guide has been compelted. Since the guide applies to NQC 2.2, and NQC 2.2 is still in beta, the guide is in beta as well: (URL) those of you waiting to try out NQC with the Scout or RCX2, the new guide should (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact