 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 682
Re: Seeking Programming Assistance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:29:45 GMT

However I would prefer them to use robots for mine clearing than humans!

See > > supposed to detect "mines"

Neil

"Pavel Petrovic" <petrovic@idi.ntnu.no> wrote in message
It's a pitty that LEGO is used by military, i.e. by people who
are trained to kill other people...

Pavel.

Jude Tomasello wrote:

Hi, my name is Jude Tomasello.  I am a US Army civilian and am currently
taking a class in which we are involved in using the Lego Mindstorm as a
simulation for an unmanned ground vehicle.  Because of its versatility, • we are
using NQC instead of the RCX standard code.  My partner and I have • written a
program and debugged it through several compile attempts and support • from Mr
Baum and Mr Overmars.  The vehicle will have two sensors up front and is
supposed to run a course by tracking white tape on the ground.  It is • also
supposed to detect "mines" (CDROMs placed on the ground).  As I said • before, we
have done some code ourselves.  Part of the course is a "make or buy" • outsource
assessment, just as one would do in an actual program office. • Accordingly, I
am soliciting anyone interested out there to write a program in NQC to • do the
things we need it to do.  I have a PowerPoint file that details the • specific
requirements and if you are interested, please email me at
jude_tomasello@stricom.army.mil and I will send it to you.  My deepest
appreciation to anyone who participates in this exercise by writing code • for us
to base a comparison.  Again, thanks tremendously for your help and I • look
forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Jude

--
Pavel Petrovic, petrovic@idi.ntnu.no
Research Fellow, Department of Computer and Information Science,