 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 679
678  |  680
Subject:
Seeking Programming Assistance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 22:18:10 GMT

Hi, my name is Jude Tomasello.  I am a US Army civilian and am currently
taking a class in which we are involved in using the Lego Mindstorm as a
simulation for an unmanned ground vehicle.  Because of its versatility, we are
using NQC instead of the RCX standard code.  My partner and I have written a
program and debugged it through several compile attempts and support from Mr
Baum and Mr Overmars.  The vehicle will have two sensors up front and is
supposed to run a course by tracking white tape on the ground.  It is also
supposed to detect "mines" (CDROMs placed on the ground).  As I said before, we
have done some code ourselves.  Part of the course is a "make or buy" outsource
assessment, just as one would do in an actual program office.  Accordingly, I
am soliciting anyone interested out there to write a program in NQC to do the
things we need it to do.  I have a PowerPoint file that details the specific
requirements and if you are interested, please email me at
jude_tomasello@stricom.army.mil and I will send it to you.  My deepest
appreciation to anyone who participates in this exercise by writing code for us
to base a comparison.  Again, thanks tremendously for your help and I look
forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Jude