 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 581 (-20)
  Re: NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

(...) There is an "obsoletes" tag I could set on the final release. (So nqc final obsoletes nqc-alpha and nqc-beta.) But I need to check that it works with versions -- I wouldn't want nqc final 2.2 to obsolete nqc-alpha 2.3. (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

Matthew Miller schreef: (...) Excellent work! With this release the firmware download finally works for me without errors :-) (...) It might be nice indeed, but with installing NQC 2.2 final it would have be able to delete both 2.1r2 and 2.2a (not (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

(...) Linux build / RPMs available from (URL). I haven't updated the man page yet but will work on that soon. Q: would it be worthwhile to construct the alpha (and even beta?) RPMs such that they can coexist on the same machine with the stable (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC 2.2 a1 available for public test

Preliminary NQC support for RCX 2.0 is now available in NQC version 2.2a1. Its in the beta test area of the NQC site: (URL) have been a lot of changes internal to the compiler itself, and RCX 2.0 support is only partially complete at the moment, but (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc) !

  Re: Alternatives for NQC Event Support

(...) I'm sorry its been taking so long. I was right in the middle of an overhaul to the NQC code generation classes when RCX 2.0 firmware was posted. This meant I had to finish the re-design before moving onto the simpler matter of an RCX 2.0 API. (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Alternatives for NQC Event Support

(...) I can't wait. I've been holding off learning anything that might change... Does anyone know when RCXCC will support Scout downloading? Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Alternatives for NQC Event Support

(...) Within a week. There are a few more things I need to clean up before RCX 2.0 support is ready for alpha. Dave Baum (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Alternatives for NQC Event Support

(...) I like the second option, find it more elegant and similar to analogous constructs in other languages. But I do see its possible side effects and misuses, so my final choice is option 3. Mario Web page: (URL) member page: (URL) member of (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

3 for me. When can we expect to see a version of nqc that will download the new firm into the rcx? Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message news:dbaum-062405.16...net.com... (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Alternatives for NQC Event Support

(...) 3. Definitely 3. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Alternatives for NQC Event Support

(...) I like 3, given the +xx problem with try/catch. (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Alternatives for NQC Event Support

RCX 2.0 adds firmware support for events and resource acquisitiion. The primitives are rather straight-forward. For events, one command beings event monitoring on a set of events, another stops monitoring. If a monitored event occurs, control is (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Need help to put sound in Minerva Program.

Many Thanks to you Jonathan. This will help a great deal with this project. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Knudsen" <jonathan@oreilly.com> wrote in message news:390D8A8D.11A2B9...lly.com... (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Need help to put sound in Minerva Program.

Hi Bob, I've attached a modified version of the Minerva program. It plays different sounds for each of the following events: 1. Moving forward : ascending arpeggio 2. Turning around : descending arpeggio 3. Found something to pick up : deedle-deedle (...) (24 years ago, 1-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Need help to put sound in Minerva Program.

Can you post the program please. I don't think the group excepts attachments, So just copy and paste text into a message. I think all that will be needed is to add PlayTone(freq, duration) where an event is monitored. James Bob Fay (...) (24 years ago, 30-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RCX2 Lego Website Address

Gareth Jones I think this is the address your looking for (URL) (24 years ago, 30-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Need help to put sound in Minerva Program.

A person with a visual handicap is building Minerva. I would like to add sound to the program while Minerva is going forward, another when she is turning around, and another when she locates something to pick up. This will allow this builder to test (...) (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RCX2 API Update

I made some mistakes in the first release, so here is a new version. I've also added counter support. <-Readme.txt-> RCX2 Header file for NQC2.1r2 - 27 April 2000 - James Pritchard rcx2api.nqh - NQC Header file that contains constant and macros for (...) (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Duplex Comms with RCX

(...) I have given this some thought in the past, although I haven't had the (significant!) time that it would take to try this out. I think the best hope for any kind of two-way communication protocol between the PC and one or more RCXes is to use (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.tele, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Duplex Comms with RCX

(...) I actually prefer the "junk" solution to a hardware hack. (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.tele, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact