 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 286 (-20)
  Re: "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

I had a similar problem and it was caused by the 9 Volt battery in the tower. You don't mention the green light in the tower. Is it changing brightness while you are downloading? It should be a steady light. I cannot find the name of the firmware (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  "No reply from RCX" with nqc...

i just purchased the mindstorm RIS set... now i am trying to get the firmware on it. i dont have windows (thank god), so i am trying to get the firmware onto the rcx with ncq. upon trying to do anything with rcx (rcx -near, rcx -firmware..) i am (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Implementing Finite State Machines

Hi all! I have been struggling with a fairly large FSM implementation in NQC and came to realize that maybe most of the more advanced NQC applications might be actually FSMs (or could become)... Because I think it is a little awkward to handle a FSM (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC 2.1 in beta test (Scout support, fast firmware)

NQC 2.1 b1 is available at (URL) two "big" features are fast firmware downloading (4x speed) and preliminary support for the Scout. Emphasis on "preliminary". It is enough to do some basic NQC stuff on the Scout, but most of the nifty Scout features (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

(...) As a kid I remember getting a few gifts from Santa with batteries already installed. Took me a couple of years to catch on that this only seemed to happen with the coolest gifts, and that my dad inexplicably always knew exactly how they worked (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

Hello Dave ... Santa just brought Scouts for both of my sons ... and of course he couldn't resist secretly opening one of the boxes. This led to his downloading the Scout SDK ... and staying up all night! Santa wholeheartedly votes for adding full (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: New Lathe

It is a candle. Thanks to Iain Hendry for the suggestion. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:000001bf41b0$19...@pro150... (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: New Lathe

(...) mills, and now a lathe....what is the material you are cutting? It looks like a wax candle. My Dad was a tool and die maker, so I had lots of time to tinker in the machine shop - getting my fingers dirty when I was younger makes me (I think) a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  New Lathe

My first attempt at building a functional lathe. It is also my first NQC program. Thanks, Dave Baum. (URL) Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RIS 1.0 vs 1.5: which more "desirable"?

You will get a few extra parts with the 1.5 version, but the RCX does not have a place to plug in an AC Power adapter. NQC will work fine with both systems. Scout is junior to the Robotics System. Take a tour of the MindStorms sites and you will (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RIS 1.0 vs 1.5: which more "desirable"?

pardon my newbie-ness. i am researching mindstorms, as i am getting myself a set for xmas. now i am confused about the fact everyone seems to want RIS with the v 1.0 RCX. is this true? i guess i am just caught up in the details and new (to me) (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: New Dave Baum Book?

I'd have to say that both Knudsen's and Baum's books are quite helpful. The CD that is included with Baum's book has all the programs and nqc versions. There is even a quicktime video of legos putting themselves together to form a tank. All of the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

I agree 100%. Go with the new. Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message news:dbaum-041299143...act.com... (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

In article (...) IMHO, there are some cases where extra features are actually cost justified, but in many cases they are added because the short term cost is deceptively low. Even something as simple as an extra command line switch carries with it a (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: New Dave Baum Book?

In a nutshell, both books are excellent. Jonathan's unofficial guide is a great overview and starting point for the many different languages that have sprung up around the RCX. Dave's book is more geared towards building in depth with both the Lego (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

Dave Baum skrev i meddelandet ... (...) I would suggest changing to the 'official', and keeping a 'translation table' in a text file. In that way you can use the LEGO documentation in the best way, we 'oldtimers' that have looked at the old keywords (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  New Dave Baum Book?

I notice Dave Baum has just published a book called "Dave Baum's Definitive Guide to Lego Mindstorms," complete with CDROM. Has anyone read this book? The cover claims the book includes:   -- Numerous projects including 14 sample robots to build   (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

I second this. I look at the listing a lot; esp. when optimizing. But actually would feel quite happy with the newer format. Of course it would be nice to just have a flag; and quite cheap./ creature feep. Dw (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

Dave, I'm one of those who do look at the listings. I am somewhat torn between the old and the new mnemonics. I like yours better, but I think it would probably be better to go with our new "standard" from Lego. Of course Lego has only given us the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC listing mnemonics

I have started looking at adding Scout support to NQC, and in the process I am questioning whether or not to change the mnemonics used in the disassembly listings (the -l option for nqc). Currently, I use a set mnemonics that I made up when writing (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact