 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 246 (-20)
  Re: NQC wishlist

(...) Yes, that seems to be the best way to go about it. (...) Don't we all do? :-) (...) Hmm, yes, thata I did not think about... well, we'll continue using macros! ;-) Thanks for the response. And for NQC. /Vlad (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC wishlist

Dave, All of these additions to NQC sound great ... especially the char and bool data types! There is no way that we (all the NQC users) can adequately express our appreciation for all of your work in developing and freely distributing NQC. I hope (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC wishlist

(...) I'm not really comfortable with variable-length bit allocations since this isn't something that happens in C outside of structs. But there could still be a couple "smaller" types. Right now an int is 16 bits. Perhaps a char could be 8 bits, (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: What should be in the next version of RcxCC

Hi! well, I am missing something in an otherwise great RcxCC... Variable values display in dec/hex/binary would be great, as converting by hand every time is tedious. thanks /Vlad (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC wishlist

I am not sure if there is such a wishlist... I remember there was a "call for wishes" for RxCC... The biggest problem with the standard firmware is the small amount of variables. Since not every use of a variable will use all 16 bits, I think it (...) (25 years ago, 22-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Lego s/w and spirit.ocx

(...) NQC doesn't use spirit.ocx, so if you're just using the command line version of NQC, don't worry about spirit.ocx. However, if you're using RcxCC, then you'll need to make sure spirit.ocx is installed. Dave Baum (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Lego s/w and spirit.ocx

I Didn't find it on a search of the mindstorms or Robolab site. dave Arjen Gerstel wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Lego s/w and spirit.ocx

If I remember correctly, you can download spirit.ocx from the mindstorms internet site. I'm not sure if the 1.5 software installs it to HD, the 1.0 did. I never bothered to install the 1.5 upgrade CD. Arjen Dave Crabbe wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Lego s/w and spirit.ocx

I installed the lego robolab ver 1.5 s/w from the CD and now want to install the NCQ program which uses spirit.ocx. However, I don't seem to have spirit.ocx on my system. Why did ther ver 1.5 s/w from lego not download the OCX to my hard disk? Will (...) (25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  test

(25 years ago, 20-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: What should be in the next version of RcxCC

Dear Mark (and fellow readers) Sorry for jumping the gun - I just saw that RcxCC 3.0 has ability to send messages to RCX. Thanks again - Lars (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: What should be in the next version of RcxCC

(...) Well, I think RcxCC is just great. Thanks for making it. And esp., thanks for wanting to make it better. Interfacing w/windows programs would be great, but I would be happy with something simpler: a facility to send and receive IR messages (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Communication with PC using NQC

(...) /Vlad (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Communication with PC using NQC

(...) You might find the following helpful... (URL) again, you might not. jack j-perdue@tamu.edu (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Communication with PC using NQC

(...) Taking the example of the maze-walker, the PC software should be able to keep track of the position of the robot and direct it through the maze. (...) Yes, I looked at the code and it only needs a higher-level wrapper. (...) Yes, it does, (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Communication with PC using NQC

(...) Could you be more specific on "querying its state" and "high-level commands"? If you're willing to write custom C++ code, you can pretty much do whatever you want on top of the rcxlib stuff from the NQC source base. Its pretty easy to send (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Communication with PC using NQC

(...) Thanks for the explanation. So, it's back to the basics! ;-) I did not explain my question very well, I think. What I would like to do is to steer the RCX from the PC, by querying its state and send it high-level commands (for example to make (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Communication with PC using NQC

(...) You can use the -raw option for nqc to send raw commands (including the poll command) to the RCX. Not pretty, but it works in a pinch. As for libraries, I'm not sure what qualifies as "cute", but within NQC, all of the RCX communication is (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  MacNQC, G4 and Keyspan USB to serial adapter

Hi all, As another datapoint in my liberation from the Wintel hegemony. I did indeed get Dave's latest MacNQC working on my new G4/400 using the Keyspan USB to serial adapter. I recommend downloading the latest driver from Keyspan. You can use the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Communication with PC using NQC

Hi all! Having a touch of flu, I might be asking a FAQ here... if so, sorry. How can the RCX communicate with the PC, except by SendMessage? The Spirit.ocx has the Poll functionality to ask for RCX state - is there any similar stuff in NQC? And are (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact