 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 191
Re: Download problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 22:31:59 GMT

I've looked at a couple of traces and it looks like the serial driver just
stops receiving data after a certain point.  One theory is that something
happens (framing error or overflow), which then keeps the driver from
relaying more information.  I've modified NQC to print out error codes
from the serial driver and also explicitly clear any errors before
attempting to read data.

This hacked version can be found at:

http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/nqc/beta/nqc_2_0_1_win.zip

Can a couple of people try this out with a long program and let me know
how the download goes?  What I'm hoping to see is that Win95/Win98 behaves
as before (no error printed), while WinNT prints an error but recovers
successfully.  Let me know what you find.

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com