 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 177
Re: Download problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 02:48:00 GMT

In article <FIxDID.7nD@lugnet.com>, "Mario Ferrari"
<mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote:

Hi Dave and everybody,

I have a strange problem with an NQC program. It's something Marco Beri and
I are preparing for the Mindfest.

The program is rather large if compared to the average NQC programs: about
240 lines of code with large inline functions (I know this is not a very
precise way to measure the program size but just to give you an idea). The
problem is it compiles ok, but NQC is not able to download it. After some
"dots" NQC simply writes "error" and exits. The strange point is that the
download always stops in different points, and Marco was even able to
succesfully download it after some tries (I wasn't with more than 30 tries).
I tried both short and long range IR transmission.

Any idea?

Mario
http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari

Can you e-mail me the program so I can try to duplicate the problem?  If
you don't want to send source, you can always compile it and send the
binary...

nqc -Ofoo.rcx foo.nqc

Another alternative would be to download it in verbose mode and send me
the log...

nqc -v -d foo.nqc >log

My email is dbaum@enteract.com

Dave Baum