 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1353
  BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

I am hesitant to announce that I've uploaded a new version of BricxCC to my website. This release comes in a full-featured install executable. As a result the download is a bit larger (i.e., 1.6MB). This release hopefully will fix the problems some (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

(...) I'll let you know... (...) My sanity thanks you! (...) Thanks again! (...) You never fail to impress me with the speed of your updates. Don't tell my employers though, they'll expect the same from me. ;-) Matthias Jetleb (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

Hi John, I've played a bit with 3.3.3.8 release, and I didn't experience slowdown (it needs confirmation, but you seem to have fixed that!) The new installer went fine on my machine. I miss a feature: some mean to conveniently switch between open (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

hi John, everything seems to work fine now, I couldn't get it slowed down. A funny effect, everytime you start BricxCC, it sizes to the previous size, ok. Now opening a file (from the recent file list), BricxCC fills the whole screen. Thanks for the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

(...) I can't duplicate this behavior. I think it might have something to do with those pesky DSK files (maybe?). Can you check to see if the files listed in your recent file list have associated desktop files (*.DSK)? Thanks, John Hansen (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

hi John, thanks for your attention. I know the cause, you know the solution ;-) The size of BricxCC when opening the first file, depends on the SIZE of the file to be opened. 8 bytes, window stays as it is 256 bytes, blows the window up to about (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

(...) Well, I'm stumped. I cannot get the behavior you describe to occur no matter how hard I try. I'm not sure what you mean by "I know the cause, you know the solution". Have I understood your description of the problem correctly? Are you saying (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

(...) Yes that's exactly what I'm trying to say !! To day I had an even stranger experiences: 1. the size of BricxCC became smaller after opening the first file, still depending on the size (or is it the content) of the file 2. in one of the tests I (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

John Hansen wrote: > In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Stef Mientki writes: > >>I know the cause, you know the solution ;-) >> >>The size of BricxCC when opening the first file, depends on the SIZE of >>the file to be opened. >> 8 bytes, window stays as (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

(...) Try this. 1. Delete the BricxCC key from the Registry (HKCU/Software/BricxCC). 2. Run BricxCC and bring up the Preferences dialog. 3. Make sure the "Autosave Options/Project Desktop" checkbox is NOT checked. 4. Close BricxCC. 5. Use Explorer (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

hi John, >>To day I had an even stranger experiences: > 5. Use Explorer to search your computer for *.dsk files and delete any that > are obviously NQC-related (they will have the same file name as your .NQC > files except with the .DSK extension). (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

(...) I'm afraid this may have something to do with Win98 and ImageLists. It sounds like it might be a video driver bug as well. Make sure you have the very latest driver for your video card. I'm debating about going back to using bitmaps rather (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

hi John, getting the latest video driver (Geforce 2MX, driver DetonatorXP v23.11) didn't help :-(, but .... you're new version 3.3.3.9 DID help :-) So thanks again ! I can't see any relevant changes from your "enhancements" list, but maybe you (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8

(...) It looks like the "slowness on shutdown" that I was experiencing when I closed BricxCC while multiple editor windows were open was causing access violations on your machine. What was happening was the code explorer would kick off a thread to (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)