 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 111 (-20)
  Re: decoding a message sent by an RCX

Dave Baum wrote: [snip] (...) Better yet, make it generate the code that I want it to generate, not what I tell it to generate. Thanks for giving us all such a great language ... without NQC I most likely would have an RCX collecting dust. - Nick - (25 years ago, 5-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: decoding a message sent by an RCX

(...) I wondered about that - hardly any traffic in the newsgroup despite numerous downloads of NQC. I hope its because people are just too busy building stuff and programming it with NQC and RcxCC. Perhaps I should add a few more bugs to NQC just (...) (25 years ago, 5-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: decoding a message sent by an RCX

(...) [...] I think something like this was already made by LEGO itself in the lab while creating the RCX/CyberMaster software. I say this because they seem to have forgot to remove the CABLE mode of transmission from the Spirit.ocx when deploying (...) (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: decoding a message sent by an RCX

Woaw ! This could be great to have a full featured rcx expansion board... It should however be not too expensive, and in my opinion very basic to allow anything to be made. A "simple" (hehe :-) 8 bit Input / Output expander would be very, very nice. (...) (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: decoding a message sent by an RCX

Dave wrote... (...) Remember, you can send arbitrary ASCII data using pbFORTH. For example, to send "Hello World" you just use... : HELLO ." Hello World" CR ; Or to identify your RCX, you could use something like... : WHOAMI ." I am RCX number " (...) (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: decoding a message sent by an RCX

(...) Yes, you are correct - 11 bits total per byte. And yes, this is very non-standard. I believe the signal is inverted - meaning that IR light is present for "0" bits, and no light for "1" bits. But I'm going from memory here and haven't looked (...) (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  decoding a message sent by an RCX

hiya, I have been working on an idea to extend the number and type of devices that the RCX can control. I started with the idea of encoding serial data on one of the motor lines and decoding that in a PIC to do <stuff>. However, because working at (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  MacNQC in beta test

MacNQC is a GUI based version of NQC for the Macintosh. You can read more about it here: (URL) course, you can also find it from the main NQC site: (URL) Baum (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Rcx Command Center version 3.0 beta avaialbe

Dear All, I am happy to announce that on the RcxCC web site there now is a beta release of RCX Command Center version 3.0 available. (URL) version uses NQC 2.0 (beta). Note that NQC 2.0 is not compatible with previous versions. RcxCC 3.0 includes a (...) (25 years ago, 16-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC floating point library?

(...) Sorry, the standard RCX firmware doesn't support anything other than signed 16 bit integer math, so NQC doesn't do floating point. Depending upon the problem, you may still be able to convert the operation into appropriate integer math. If you (...) (25 years ago, 15-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC floating point library?

I don't think the rcx supports floating point, but you could scale by a certain amount to do the math. Jim Knepley wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 15-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC floating point library?

I have a need to do floating point math in the RCX, but NQC only seems to natively support integers. Is there a floating point library for NQC? Jim (25 years ago, 15-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: IR-Tower and PowerBook-G3 ?

(...) Well, that beats my Centris 610 (1993, with a 68040 upgrade) as the oldest Mac I've heard running NQC. -Tim (25 years ago, 15-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  WindowsCE?

Has anyone ported NQC tools to WindowsCE? -gyug (25 years ago, 14-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Translating NQC 1.x to NQC 2.0

(...) Thanks Mark! Your RCXCC is a great environment - now if I can get it to stop munging the screen after some scrolls... I, as an RCX fan, salute your work and commend your efforts (gets out big gold star to stick on your lapel.) NQC is great, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Translating NQC 1.x to NQC 2.0

The next version of RCX Command Center (expect a beta at the beginning of the comming week) will contain a command to translate from NQC 1.x to NQC 2.0. It is not completely fool-proof but seems to work in almost all cases. Mark Overmars (25 years ago, 13-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0 ready for beta test

yeah... mostly search-and-replace. Dave Baum wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: IR-Tower and PowerBook-G3 ?

(...) Yes, AT is set to ethernet. (...) OK, I'll try that also. BTW, I now have nqc running on my *old* SE/30 (8MB) with a version of MPW I found on ETO-20. Everything seems to work fine. Downloads firmware as well as test.nqc Still mystified by the (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: IR-Tower and PowerBook-G3 ?

(...) I use the IR tower with a Wallstreet regularly (NQC was developed on my PowerBook), and I haven't had any problems. Did you make sure that AppleTalk is either set for Ethernet or turned off completely? You also may want to disable other (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: IR-Tower and PowerBook-G3 ?

(...) Yes. The PB-G3 is plugged into a wall-wart almost all the time. I thought of that also. Very strange. I'm resurecting an old SE/30 in the hopes that I can squeeze MPW into an 8MB machine. I think the serial ports on that machine ought to be (...) (25 years ago, 10-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact