 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 94
Re: IR-Tower and PowerBook-G3 ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 02:17:43 GMT

Dave Baum wrote:

I use the IR tower with a Wallstreet regularly (NQC was developed on my
PowerBook), and I haven't had any problems.

Did you make sure that AppleTalk is either set for Ethernet or turned off
completely?

Yes, AT is set to ethernet.

You also may want to disable other software that tries to
take over the serial port (Palm HotSync, FAX software, etc.)  Usually
these programs are good about letting go of the serial port, but you can
never tell.

OK, I'll try that also.

BTW, I now have nqc running on my *old* SE/30 (8MB) with a version of
MPW I found on ETO-20. Everything seems to work fine. Downloads firmware
as well as test.nqc  Still mystified by the PB-G3.

As an additional note, I have used that same serial port to dump HPGL
to a plotter with Claris-Works. Worked fine. So I know the port works
(or at least it did).

Ray Sanders
rsanders@gate.net