 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 93
Re: IR-Tower and PowerBook-G3 ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 00:11:32 GMT

In article <37B07E28.D47E70EA@gate.net>, rsanders@gate.net wrote:

Has anyone else had problems using the IR-Tower with a PowerBook-G3
(WallStreet '98)?

I tried for two days and only got 'Problem talking to IR device' messages.

Tried different cables, cont-checked both cables. Finally went and tried
it on the GFs Performa 6400 and *boom*, it worked on the first shot. Is
there something funky about the serial-port levels on the PB-G3 ? Is the
IR-Tower really picky about these levels ?

Ray Sanders
rsanders@gate.net

I use the IR tower with a Wallstreet regularly (NQC was developed on my
PowerBook), and I haven't had any problems.

Did you make sure that AppleTalk is either set for Ethernet or turned off
completely?  You also may want to disable other software that tries to
take over the serial port (Palm HotSync, FAX software, etc.)  Usually
these programs are good about letting go of the serial port, but you can
never tell.

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com