 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 707
    Re: rotation sensor mystery solved? —Martin Cornelius
   (...) Will this version also work with fresh batteries and short cable, or do we have to change tables depending on the battery state ? (24 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: rotation sensor mystery solved? —Ben Jackson
   (...) old (...) The version I posted works with all cable lengths and battery strengths I have access to. I just extended the range of each state a bit toward the low battery end of the scale. --Ben (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: rotation sensor mystery solved? —Ben Jackson
   I put in some debug code to catch rotations which skip a state (transitions like 3->1 or 0->2) which the legOS table `diff2change' currently translates to 0 steps (because we can't be sure whether that was 2 steps forward or 2 steps back). These (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: rotation sensor mystery solved? —Martin Cornelius
     (...) Hi Ben, i think that's very interesting work you're doing, especially because i'd like to build sophisticated balancing bots, and already got 2 rotation sensors from lego world shop for this reason. I'm currently not actively working on that, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

         Re: rotation sensor mystery solved? —Luis Villa
      (...) What exactly do you intend here, Martin? I spent quite some time working on this over the summer and in the fall, and had a great deal of problems but also some success. I'd be happy to help you out with my experiences if you have some idea (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

         Re: rotation sensor mystery solved? —Ben Jackson
     (...) That's one of the reasons I got mine. I was trying to make a simple balancer when I built the pendulum I described (with 4.5 degree accuracy). There were a lot of problems with my mechanism, but the overriding problem was that the 0 point (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: rotation sensor mystery solved? —Carsten Müller
     (...) It is very very interesting. I have worked the last weeks evenings to discover the fault in my concept, my modell and my Software. and I have discovered, that the fault can't be on my side. I discovered that my implementation of a fake (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: rotation sensor mystery solved? —Luis Villa
   (...) I tried hacking something like this into the old rotation sensor code, and it didn't go real smoothly, but is definitely a necessity (I think) if you want the sensor to handle very, very high speed apps. (...) I am. I'm almost tempted to steal (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: rotation sensor mystery solved? —Mike Burger
     (...) I got a letter two days ago indicating that the two rotation sensors I ordered the first week in January are nicely on backorder and will ship in a month or so. This is similar to what I was told on the phone when I ordered them from Shop and (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: rotation sensor mystery solved? —Ben Jackson
   (...) which (...) I added code to assume that 2 step transitions were 2 steps in the last known direction of travel. The results were MUCH worse than just ignoring those steps, as the current code does. This seems to suggest that the 2-step (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)