 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3328
Re: Help with lnp
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:08:33 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Charles Mancinelli wrote:
Katie,

I am also doing a project which envolves getting information from the RCX
using the BrickOS and Cygwin. I tried the same approach with using the Linux
files but, I found another way to get information.  If your familiar with
Java you can use the a package from Lejos. Since lnp was standardized it can
be used with running java or C/C++ on either side (RCX or PC). So what i'm
doing is running C on the RCX and recieving information with a simple java
program. The package is called  josx.rcxcomm the API is located here

http://lejos.sourceforge.net/apidocs/index.html

The easiest way to use the package is to install Lejos, but you could just
download the windows version and extract the following files:
pcrcxcomm.jar,rcxrcxcomm.jar, irtower.dll

the jar files can be found here:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lawrie.griffiths/pcrcxcomm.html

and then change your path to point to them that's all you really need.
There is good documentation and examples that come with Lejos that can help > you get started. Good Luck

Chaz

I may try this. It looks like the problem is that the files are in the wrong
place. I am going to try to fix this problem, but I may use your idea. You have
tried it and it works? I am not that familiar with Java, but may be able to
figure out enough to get this working. Also, in response to nanobapt's idea, I
think I am going to hold off on that idea for now. I tried downloading the
program, but it was too big for my computer. I was also somewhat unsure of what
it did. Thanks for all the help though,
Katie