 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3320
    Help with lnp —Katie Panciera
   Hello, I am currently in the middle of a research project using Mindstorms robots. We are using brickOS and are working on algorithsm for dispersion. One thing that would be handy to do, however, is be able to record the path the robot takes and (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Help with lnp —Bapt Denaeyer
     (...) Hello katie, Have you read on my page How to comile it ? :) liblnp.h call function from the lib. You not only need to include this file ! you need the library ! Download it here : (URL) need to run lnpd before run your program Oh I just see (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

         Re: Help with lnp —Charles Mancinelli
     (...) Katie, I am also doing a project which envolves getting information from the RCX using the BrickOS and Cygwin. I tried the same approach with using the Linux files but, I found another way to get information. If your familiar with Java you can (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

         Re: Help with lnp —Bapt Denaeyer
      And legnoppix ? What about this solution ? nanobapt (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

         Re: Help with lnp —Katie Panciera
     (...) I may try this. It looks like the problem is that the files are in the wrong place. I am going to try to fix this problem, but I may use your idea. You have tried it and it works? I am not that familiar with Java, but may be able to figure out (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

         Re: Help with lnp —Ed Manlove
     To all, Paolo has done some work with upgrading the lnpd software to run under cygwin. You can search the newsgroup for information about this. And I have taken this work and I am working to bring it back into the brickOS code source. But I am (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Help with lnp —Katie Panciera
   (...) We finally decided to take the time and use Linux to try and get lnpd working. Although we are not familiar with Linux, our professors are helping us. Our main problem now though is the installation of brickOS. I know this should be an obvious (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Help with lnp —Bapt Denaeyer
     (...) So if you don't want to take the time to configure linux, then you can perhaps try to download legnoppix. Legnoppix is a linux distribution bootable on CD you don't need any installation and it include all lego tools available in linux (not (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Help with lnp —Michael Obenland
   Hello Katie, (...) A good decision. (...) To install software on (RedHat) Linux, you will use a program called rpm. Rpm is a packet manager; it can install new programs, you can ask rpm if a package is installed, you can update an existing package (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Help with lnp —Katie Panciera
   I guess I should have been more specific initially. Our question, more precisely, is which version of brickOS can we use on regular redhat linux? We will use your directions as well, but what we were really stuck on was which of the brickOS versions (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Help with lnp —Michael Obenland
   (...) (URL) the latest 0.2.6.10 version. Regards, Michael (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)